1/07/2008

sexy....











With summer in the horizon my thoughts often drift to my Hatteras hammock. All the relaxing activities that summer brings, spending lazy afternoons reading in my hammock is what I often look most forward to during the dreary days of spring.

My family spends several weekends at our lake home and in the midst of hustle and bustle of midday boating I tend to seek refuge by laying back reading under the shade of a tree in my hammock.

I was not always a hammock kind of girl. Since I did not have one growing up, my afternoons were spent on a blanket sprawled out on the ground. Often I would lie out a blanket and read in the shade, but from the first time I laid in a hammock I was hooked. Summer breezes surround you from the top and bottom of the hammock. When the wind blows you can feel the cool rush over you face and back by simply laying and swinging side to side.

Over the summer I will take countless naps on my hammock with my head rested on my pillow and book rising and falling on my chest.

Gone are the days of needing to find two trees to tie the hammock. Nowadays hammocks can be set up just about anywhere. Hatteras hammocks can be purchased completely packaged with a freestanding wooden stand so relaxing can happen just about anywhere. Hammocks can easily be set up on the grass under a tree or on a concrete pad below a second story deck.

The beauty of Hatteras hammocks is that they are no longer strictly outdoor beds for vacations. Several homes are equipped with indoor or outdoor hammocks. Accessories for hammocks are becoming quite popular and are even sold in packages.

The most common accessory would definitely be the Hatteras hammock pillow. This pillow comes in a variety of fabrics and is specifically designed to complement hammocks. Pillows can be strapped to the hammock so they will not fall off while you drift off to sleep with your head on the pillow and the hammock swings from side to side.

No comments: